Easy 'Budget Friendly' Dinner Recipe Of The Week ~ Hot Dog Sliders with Mango-Pineapple Salsa
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup cubed peeled mango (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey and salt until blended. Add pineapple, mango, onion and pepper; toss to coat.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until heated through, 7-9 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place hot dogs in buns; cut each crosswise in half. Serve with fruit salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 slider with 1 tablespoon salsa: 146 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.