Easy 'Budget Friendly' Dinner Recipe Of The Week ~ Muffin-Cup Cheddar Beef Pies
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Let dough stand at room temperature until softened, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 12-15 minutes; drain. Stir in mushrooms, cheese and seasonings.
- Divide each loaf into 10 portions; roll each into a 4-in. circle. Top with 1/4 cup filling; bring edges of dough up over filling and pinch to seal.
- Place meat pies in greased muffin cups, seam side down. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with spaghetti sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef pies in a freezer container. To use, reheat beef pies on greased baking sheets in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 meat pies: 482 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.