Easy 'Budget Friendly' Dinner Recipe Of The Week ~ Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 12 bacon strips
- 8 cheese beef hot dogs
- 8 bakery hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup or Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1-1/2 strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks as needed (do not wrap tightly, or bacon may tear during grilling).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks. Serve hot dogs in buns with onion and sauerkraut; top with condiments of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed hot dog: 360 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.