Easy Parmesan Pastry-Wrapped Dogs
Makes 20 servings
- 2 (16-ounce) packages all-beef hot dogs
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water*
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Soak 20 (12-inch) wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Insert a wooden skewer in one end of each hotdog, and push it to but not through the other end. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheets. Cut each sheet lengthwise into 20 strips. Wrap 2 strips pastry around each hot dog, pressing to seal ends. Place onto prepared pans. Brush pastry with beaten egg mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and remaining 3 ingredients. Serve with hot dogs.
- *This mixture of egg and water is called an egg wash. When brushed onto the puff pastry, the Parmesan cheese sticks to it and creates a shiny glaze after it’s baked.