A colorful medley of fresh mint, basil, orange, Granny Smith apple, English cucumber, blueberries, and strawberries mix to create a mouthwatering fruit salad.
Fruit Salad with Sweet Orange Dressing
Makes 6 to 8 serving
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, cook ¼ cup water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and add mint sprigs. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes; discard mint.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mint syrup, vinegar, zest, and salt. Whisk in oil and basil. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter, and top with apple, cucumber, oranges, blueberries, and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with mint, if desired.