Easy Dinner Recipe Of The Week ~ Egg Salad
This classic Southern Egg Salad is so good on bread, crackers, or your favorite salad greens.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 1½ tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Separate egg yolks and whites; place in separate bowls. Using a pastry blender, cut egg whites into fine pieces. Stir in celery, green onion, and dill.
- Using a fork, mash together egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until almost smooth. Stir yolk mixture into white mixture until well combined. Cover refrigerate until cold before serving, about 4 hours, or for up to 3 days.